N95/PPE Updates – April 3, 2020
April 3, 2020
- Your N95 mask should be worn until it is deemed dirty or damaged
- Staff are expected to UV disinfect their mask once a day or after taking care of a COVID- 19 Positive patient or PUI (person under investigation). Disinfection stations are located at the front desk and anesthesia workroom
- N95 masks may be cleaned up to 5 times. This means your mask may last up to 5 days.
PPE: Mandatory Universal Masking in All Patient Care Spaces Including Inpatient/ED/OBs/Clinics/and Procedural Areas
- We now have the ear-looped masks at the front desk to distribute to our ancillary staff to wear when they are in a non-OR patient care area.
- Each staff member may have one ear looped mask/day.
- We are considering the IPP platform a patient care area.
- These cannot be worn in the OR – they are not surgical masks.
- Staff in close contact with a patient or visitor greater than 15 minutes at a distance of less than 6 feet should wear an ear loop mask/ surgical mask for clinical staff is acceptable as well.
For those staff who are wearing the Olympus sub shields
- The ones in the photo below contain latex in the headband.
- We are in the process of obtaining non-latex shields.
- If you need a non-latex shield please reach out to Emily Sanfelippo – supply chain
Olympus Sub Shield (contain latex):
Halyard Shield (latex free):